New Year, New Me
Author: Tia Evans
Publish date: 01/01/18
We have all heard that phrase “New Year New Me” before and shuddered at the thought of making yet another new year’s resolution we probably won’t keep. The truth is, new starts don’t have to start in the New Year much like diets don’t only start on Mondays. I think this year, rather than being cynical we should perhaps embrace the opportunity for change and do our best to eradicate old bad habits and replacing them with new ones.
According to a poll last year, 38% of the UK said they wanted to exercise more, 33% said they wanted to lose weight and a sad 15% said they wanted to learn a new skill or hobby! Here at Meee, we hope that you make not only realistic goals for 2018 but ones that are a challenge and excite you. Taking up a new hobby or learning a new skill can help you stay positive and motivated to achieve more of your targets each year.
Things like losing weight, getting fit and socialising more are great resolutions for the New Year but how about having a look around your local town or village and see what classes/groups are available to you. Who knows who you might meet or what you may learn?
I’ve had a look into all of those Pinterest pins and magazine articles and picked out some of my favourite new year’s resolutions or as they call it “things to start doing” for you to consider.
Here are 20 things to start doing:
- Drink more water!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables (all natural food).
- Go for a walk/swim/bike ride.
- Read a book? Or maybe even 10!
- Go to bed sooner and wake up earlier.
- Stop thinking negative thoughts about yourself and others.
- Enjoy the little things in life.
- Do not judge or compare yourself to others.
- Try out yoga or meditation.
- Avoid processed food.
- Listen to more music.
- Live in a tidy space!
- Wear whatever clothes make you happy.
- Be true to yourself.
- Smile more.
- Throw away things you don’t need.
- Listen to when people speak and ask open-ended questions.
- Step outside that comfort zone.
- Remember that all of the efforts you are making now will pay off in the end.
- Go outside more!
Let us know what you think of our list and what you hope to do differently or perhaps continue to keep the same in 2018.
Best wishes to everyone for 2018, we hope it’s an amazing year!